Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Medicomp understands that all patients have basic rights while you are receiving medical care, and we are committed to honoring those rights. Likewise, Medicomp has a right to expect reasonable and responsible behavior on the part of the patients. A summary of your rights and responsibilities follows:
- Considerate and respectful care, and to be made comfortable. You have the right to respect for your cultural, psycho-social, spiritual, and personal values, beliefs and preferences.
- Make decisions regarding medical care, and receive as much information available about any proposed test as you may need in order to give informed consent or to refuse a test.
- Request or refuse test, to the extent permitted by law. However, you do not have the right to demand inappropriate or medically unnecessary tests, treatments or services.
- You have the right to refuse to participate in research projects.
- All patients’ rights apply to the person who has legal responsibility to make decisions regarding medical care on your behalf.
- Have personal privacy respected.
- Confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to your care. You will receive a separate “Notice of Privacy Practices” that explains your privacy rights in detail and how we may use and disclose your protected health information.
- A patient has the right to receive, upon request, prior to a test, a reasonable estimate of charges for medical care.
- A patient has the right to be given, upon request, full information, and necessary counseling on the availability of known financial resources for his or her care.
- A patient has the right to receive a copy of a reasonably clear and understandable, itemized bill and, upon request, to have the charges explained.
- Exercise these rights without regard to sex, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, or the source of payment for care.
- File a grievance. If you want to file a grievance with Medicomp Inc, you may do so by writing or by calling:
Customer Service Manager
600 Atlantis Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
- A patient is responsible for reporting unexpected changes in his or her condition to their prescribing healthcare provider.
- A patient is responsible for reporting to the prescribing health care provider whether he or she comprehends a contemplated course of action and what is expected of him or her.
- A patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the healthcare provider.
- A patient is responsible for his or her actions if he or she refuses treatment or does not follow the health care provider’s instructions.
- A patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his or her healthcare are fulfilled as promptly as possible.